Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies relevant legislation, documentation, policies and procedures;
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of mucking out of tunnel earthworks;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the mucking out of tunnel earthworks that meets all of the required outcomes, and;
- demonstrates completion of mucking out tunnel earthworks that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- soil and rock type characteristics;
- construction principles;
- equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations;
- project quality requirements;
- civil construction terminology;
- site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities;
- safety data sheets and materials handling methods, and;
- prepared for fire/accident/emergency.