Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies applicable documentation, policies and procedures;
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of pipe laying;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the laying of pipes to the required outcomes, and;
- demonstrates completion of laying pipes that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- accessing, interpreting and applying the organisation and site requirements and procedures for laying pipes;
- selecting and checking for faults, tools and equipment to carry out tasks;
- carrying out work to drawings and specifications, and;
- applying effective pile laying techniques.