Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies relevant documentation, policies and procedures, and;
- demonstrates completion of communicating in the work place that safely, effectively and efficiently meets required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- relevant standards and site procedures;
- worksite communication system components, applications and limitations;
- procedures and safety requirements of communication equipment and systems;
- common faults in communication equipment/systems;
- emergency communication procedures, and;
- record maintenance.