Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies applicable documentation, policies and procedures;
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of the erection and dismantling of temporary fencing and gates;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the erection and dismantling of temporary fences and gates in a way that meets all of the required outcomes, and;
- demonstrates completion of erecting and dismantling temporary fencing and gates that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- accessing, interpreting and applying the organisation and site requirements and procedures;
- organising work activities;
- using relevant tools and equipment safely;
- equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations;
- site safety and security isolation techniques;
- site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities;
- using civil construction terminology;
- different fencing and anchoring systems, and;
- completing housekeeping activities.