Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies applicable documentation, policies and procedures;
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of concrete work;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete concrete work that meets all required outcomes, and;
- demonstrates completion of carrying out concrete work that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- accessing, interpreting and applying the organisation and site requirements and procedures;
- organising work activities;
- using relevant tools and equipment safely;
- identifying equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations;
- identifying site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities;
- identifying concrete characteristics and properties;
- using concreting principles;
- using structural technology;
- using civil construction terminology, and;
- completing housekeeping activities.