Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies applicable documentation, policies and procedures;
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of the manual spreading and compacting of materials;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the manual spreading and compacting of materials that meets all of the required outcomes including: using a range of communications techniques and equipment to convey information to others, and; complying with written and verbal reporting requirements and procedures, and;
- demonstrates completion of manually spreading and compacting materials that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- accessing, interpreting and applying the organisation and site requirements and procedure;
- organising work activities;
- using relevant tools and equipment safely;
- identifying hand operated mechanical compaction machine types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations;
- applying basic principles of soil technology for civil works;
- identifying basic soil compaction theory including the effects of moisture and mechanical interlock;
- identifying site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities;
- using civil construction terminology, and;
- completing housekeeping activities.