Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies applicable documentation, policies and procedures;
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of plant operations support;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the plant operations support in a way that meets all of the required outcomes including: using a range of communications techniques and equipment to convey information to others, and; complying with written and verbal reporting requirements and procedures, and;
- demonstrates completion of support plant operations that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- accessing, interpreting and applying the organisation and site requirements and procedures;
- organising work activities;
- using relevant tools and equipment safely;
- identifying types, uses, limitations and maintenance requirements of plant/equipment;
- applying basic principles of soil technology for civil works;
- identifying site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities;
- using civil construction terminology, and;
- completing housekeeping activities.