Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies applicable documentation, policies and procedures;
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient completion of the identification, location and protection of underground services;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the identification, location and protection of underground services in a way that meets all of the required outcomes: using a range of communications techniques and equipment, and; complying with written and verbal reporting requirements and procedures, and;
- demonstrates completion of identifying, locating and protecting underground services that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- accessing, interpreting and applying the organisation and site requirements and procedures;
- planning and organising work activities;
- working with civil construction terminology;
- identifying types of services/utilities and providers;
- using construction principles;
- identifying equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations;
- using safety data sheet and materials handling methods, and;
- carrying out operational, maintenance and basic diagnostic procedures.