Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies applicable documentation, policies and procedures;
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient carrying out of measurements and calculations;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete measurements and calculations that meet all of the required outcomes, and;
- demonstrates completion of measurements and calculations that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- accessing, interpreting and applying the organisation and site requirements and procedures;
- conversion of different metric values e.g. metres to millimetres;
- understanding tolerances;
- completing measuring, calculating, geometry and determination of quantities;
- caring for measuring equipment, and;
- working with civil construction terminology.