Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies applicable legislation, documentation, policies and procedures;
- implements the requirements, procedures and techniques for the safe, effective and efficient hand spreading of asphalt;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the hand spreading of asphalt that meets all of the required outcomes, and;
- demonstrates completion of hand spreading asphalt that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes on more than one (1) occasion.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- applying legislative, organisational and site requirements and procedures;
- equipment types, characteristics and limitations;
- applying operational and maintenance procedures;
- applying site isolation and traffic control responsibilities and authorities;
- AAPA code of practice for working with SBS modified binders;
- safety data sheets and materials handling methods, and;
- implementing JSAs/JSEA/safe work method statements.