Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- locates and applies applicable legislation, documentation, policies and procedures for maintaining concrete bridges;
- works effectively with others to undertake and complete the maintenance of concrete bridges that meets all of the required outcomes, and;
- demonstrates completion of maintaining concrete bridges that safely, effectively and efficiently meets all of the required outcomes.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- applying legislative, organisation and site requirements;
- civil construction terminology;
- bridge components;
- bridge faults and repair methods;
- interpreting engineering drawings;
- equipment types, characteristics, technical capabilities and limitations;
- safety data sheets and materials handling methods, and;
- JSA/JSEA/safe work method statements.