Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- communicate effectively in an emergency situation as outlined in the workplace emergency procedures, and;
- identify an emergency/potential emergency.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- circumstances where evacuation may need to be modified;
- emergency reporting systems and procedures used on site;
- emergency warning system, signals and instructions used on site;
- evacuation alarms and workplace emergency procedures used at the workplace;
- location of assembly areas and post-evacuation actions;
- location of emergency equipment in the workplace;
- procedures for reporting emergencies;
- roles, responsibilities and authority of emergency personnel, emergency control organisation and emergency response team, and;
- types of emergencies, the hazards and the evacuation actions associated with each one.