The purpose of this unit is to focus on the development of organisation and planning skills, knowledge, practical skills, problem solving and interpersonal skills through participation in experiences of a practical nature. The focus of the learning program for Foundation Unit 1 includes:
- subject specific knowledge applicable to a relevant personal, social, educational and/or community goal
- skills applicable to a relevant personal, social, educational and/or community goal
- development of an understanding of social issues and civic responsibility
- introduction to problem-solving skills
- introduction to skills for planning, organising and working in teams.
Where to next?
VU takes care to ensure the accuracy of this unit information, but reserves the right to change or withdraw courses offered at any time. Please check that unit information is current with the Student Contact Centre.