Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- reading, interpreting and following information on written job instructions, specifications, standard operating procedures, manufacturer instructions, charts, lists, drawings and other applicable reference documents;
- checking and clarifying task-related information;
- following verbal instructions;
- orally reporting routine information;
- selecting appropriate processes for heating/quenching, tempering, annealing, and;
- setting up, adjusting and operating equipment.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- characteristics and applications of heating/quenching, tempering, annealing processes;
- specifications for heating, quenching, tempering, and annealing;
- process for heating/quenching, tempering, annealing, different materials;
- operating/adjusting heating equipment;
- hazards and control measures associated with heating/quenching, tempering, annealing, including housekeeping;
- use and application of personal protective equipment, and;
- safe work practices and procedures.