Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- negotiation with a range of personnel and other agencies;
- research and evaluation, including cost-benefit analysis;
- written and verbal communication with public and council personnel affected by implementation;
- strategic and business planning;
- planning and organisational;
- time management;
- ability to work as part of a team particularly with people from diverse backgrounds;
- problem solving, and;
- using appropriate software and technology.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- relevant council policies and procedures;
- sustainable practices;
- council operations;
- council goals, objectives and strategies, and;
- other organisations potentially interested in cooperative arrangements.