Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- undertake maintenance according to maintenance procedures;
- identify and resolve a defined range of equipment and software problems, and;
- maintain accurate records according to organisational guidelines.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- identify and describe equipment and software maintenance practices;
- identify help-desk response level escalation procedures;
- describe the operation and purpose of specified equipment;
- identify and describe the operation of technical diagnostic tools;
- identify quality assurance practices;
- identify relevant service level agreements (SLAs) to determine conditions of the SLA cover;
- describe client warranty claims, repair or replacement procedures;
- identify system's current functionality, and;
- describe organisational work health and safety (WHS) procedures.