Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- identify hardware and operating system problems;
- conduct diagnostic tests on a range of platforms according to preventative maintenance and diagnostic policy;
- identify the root causes of the problems;
- scan systems for computer viruses;
- remove viruses using software tools and procedures, and;
- remove viruses by restoring backups.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- describe the client business domain, including client organisation structure and business functionality;
- identify the current industry accepted hardware and software diagnostic tools;
- describe common symptoms of problems associated with: desktop applications; operating systems; laptops; mobile devices; printers, and; other common peripherals;
- describe a range of preventative tasks relevant to maintaining hardware and software applications, and;
- describe the organisational procedures relevant to diagnostic testing.