Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- plan and prepare for the wide area network (WAN) link installation task;
- install and configure WAN links;
- configure and troubleshoot the following internet protocol (IP) services:
- network address translation (NAT);
- dynamic host configuration protocol (DHCP);
- access control lists (ACLs);
- configure and troubleshoot ADSL links;
- configure and troubleshoot VPNs, and;
- document solutions.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- outline the basic operation and configuration of internet protocol version 6 (IPv6);
- identify and describe typical router setup and operations, including:
- router calling line identification (CLI) configuration;
- router debug commands, and;
- explain typical problems and solutions with WAN link installations.