Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- produce a design report for a server (or servers) with complex user and network service requirements;
- install and configure the server according to the produced design;
- monitor and test the server;
- troubleshoot server and network failures, and;
- configure a wide range of server network and security services.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- describe the key features of current network operating systems (NOS);
- identify and describe current server applications compatibility issues and resolution procedures;
- discuss network service configuration;
- describe common network service management;
- identify and describe network service security features, including server firewall configuration;
- identify and summarise troubleshooting tools and techniques, including network diagnostic utilities;
- describe common operating system installation and operation issues;
- describe data security and storage measures required on a networked server, and;
- describe the process of managing a project.