Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- obtain the visualisation specifications from vendors, and compare them with the environmental requirements;
- install, configure and test, virtual machines;
- manage the environmental requirements, and;
- install and use software tools.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- identify and summarise, current government and industry policies, and guidelines, related to the development of sustainable information and communication technology (ICT) environments;
- describe the current technologies, and processes, designed to produce a sustainable ICT environment;
- outline the available tools and software applications required to manage virtual machines;
- explain the configuration of software applications required to manage virtual machines;
- explain the configuration required to integrate virtual machines into the existing network design, and;
- outline the structure, function and business organisation of the client.