Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- access and analyse relevant information on changes to technology and resources;
- analyse strategic plans to determine future technology needs;
- monitor resource use and cost-efficiency and effectiveness of technology, and;
- develop and document action plan detailing standards, targets, timelines and implementation methods.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- identify methods of analysis and planning approaches to technical problems and management requirements;
- assess and document the hardware platform used by the organisation and network, and the subsequent security guidelines required;
- explain current system functionality to forecast for planning;
- identify and specify operating systems supported by the organisation to forecast for planning;
- compare competing and complementary internal and external operating environments, and;
- identify and assess technology and product directions for evaluating and forecasting vendor and technology trends.