Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- interpret and document client requirements to customise software applications;
- design software applications;
- analyse, implement and review customised software applications;
- produce documentation for the client, and;
- obtain feedback from client to ensure requirements have been met.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- outline the general features and capabilities of current industry accepted hardware and software products;
- discuss functions and features of software applications suitable for client;
- discuss functions and features of the operating system (OS);
- identify information and communications technology (ICT) structure and system infrastructure;
- describe organisational policy and procedures relating to customising software, and;
- identify organisational security procedures.