Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- evaluate, document and implement changes to the system with minimum disruption to the system and client users, and;
- hand over the project to the client with instructions and updated documentation.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- identify and describe business scheduling requirements;
- identify change control procedures;
- describe client business domain;
- discuss current industry accepted hardware and software products;
- discuss emerging standards for data and voice communications;
- outline the system's current functionality;
- discuss the features of the system under modification;
- outline the organisational policy and procedures with regard to system changes, and;
- recognise vendor software services with regard to system changes.