Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- install, configure and test an operating system to improve system performance with minimum disruption to clients.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- compare current industry accepted hardware and software products;
- outline functions and features of operating systems used by the organisation;
- explain the installation and configuration of systems software;
- explain the architecture of current technical systems;
- outline the deployment of current organisational systems;
- list organisational requirements for operating system (OS) software;
- explain prerequisites for system software installation;
- outline set-up and configuration procedures;
- list software packages supported by the organisation;
- describe system's current functionality;
- list system's diagnostic software, and;
- outline vendor specifications and requirements for installation.