Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- select appropriate software and file formats;
- create mailing list and merge with another document, and;
- manipulate and integrate data between commercial application software following organisational procedures.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- outline current business practices related to preparing reports;
- identify features and functions of commercial computing packages;
- identify import and export software functions;
- outline processes for linking documents;
- outline workplace health and safety (WHS) principles and responsibilities for ergonomics;
- identify software packages used by the organisation;
- outline strategies for integrating commercial computing packages, and;
- outline the use of input and output devices.