Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- install software applications through operating system instructions;
- configure computer to accept new software or upgrade, and;
- carry out testing and acceptance according to organisational guidelines.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- describe a typical client business domain;
- identify typical hardware storage devices;
- identify typical input and output devices;
- describe key licensing arrangements and responsibilities to ensure they are adhered to;
- identify operating systems supported by the organisation;
- describe the organisational guidelines for purchasing;
- identify the installation requirements for key software application packages, and;
- describe typical software copyright responsibilities.