Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- interpret basic requirements of a design brief;
- use digital media package to meet organisational requirements;
- apply workplace health and safety (WHS) principles and responsibilities for ergonomics, such as work periods and breaks;
- use help manuals and online help when appropriate, and;
- use digital media technologies to support design brief requirements.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- explain the basic principles of visual design;
- outline the functions and features of digital media packages and technologies;
- identify graphic design and stylistic language conventions;
- outline WHS principles and responsibilities for ergonomics, such as work periods and breaks;
- outline the principles of digital imaging and file formats, video and sound file formats, file management and transfer systems;
- identify vendor product directions in digital media hardware and software, and;
- explain how to visualise and interpret creative information, scripts (text) and images.