Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- produce workplace documents using a minimum of three different software application packages;
- open, amend and save files and documents according to organisational requirements;
- apply workplace health and safety (WHS) principles and responsibilities for ergonomics, such as work periods and breaks, and;
- use help manuals and online help.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- identify application software packages used by the organisation and list the purpose of each;
- explain basic technical terminology related to reading help files and responding to system help prompts;
- outline current business practices related to using software to prepare reports;
- list features and functions of commercial computing packages;
- describe import and export software functions;
- describe the process of linking documents;
- outline WHS principles and responsibilities for ergonomics, such as work periods and breaks, and;
- explain the purpose of input and output devices.