Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- communication skills to:
- communicate with supervisors and peers; seek assistance and expert advice, and; use online help;
- literacy skills to interpret technical documentation, equipment manuals and specifications;
- planning and organisational skills to prioritise and monitor own work;
- problem-solving skills to solve operational problems as they arise;
- research skills to source support resources to solve routine problems;
- safety awareness skills to work systematically with required attention to detail without injury to self or others, or damage to goods or equipment, and;
- technical skills to:
- apply technical support for system problems; operate software applications; use applications features, and; use online help.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- basic knowledge of operating systems software and system tools;
- vendor product directions in computer applications, and;
- vendor applications and their features.