Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- followed DRSABCD in line with ARC guidelines;
- responded to at least one simulated first aid scenario contextualised to the candidate's workplace/community setting, and;
- applied first aid procedures.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- State/Territory regulations, first aid codes of practice and workplace procedures;
- legal, workplace and community considerations;
- considerations when providing basic emergency life support;
- principles and procedures for first aid management, and;
- basic anatomy and physiology.