Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- access, interpret and analyse product and service information provided by industry sectors in an effective and timely manner;
- interpret and comply with relevant financial services legislation, regulations and industry codes of practice, and ethics applicable to the workplace;
- recognise and implement sustainability principles and work practices;
- accurately analyse, evaluate and organise relevant information;
- effectively plan work and maintain a team environment, taking into account any constraints and available resources, and;
- identify and evaluate appropriate professional development opportunities.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- discuss environmental or sustainability legislation, regulations and codes of practice applicable to industry and organisations;
- outline the main sectors in the financial services industry and the interrelationships between the sectors;
- explain industry and organisational policy and procedures and ethical behaviours in regard to customer service and administration;
- outline industry and organisational security practices and rationale;
- identify internal administration systems such as accounting systems and databases;
- explain principles, practices and available tools and techniques of sustainability management relevant to the industry context;
- explain key requirements of relevant legislation, statutory requirements and industry codes of practice;
- identify the economic and political climate relating to the financial services industry, and;
- explain triple bottom line principles used in work planning.