Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- research corporate governance reporting trends and apply research to organisational practices;
- determine processes for monitoring corporate governance compliance, and;
- examine and review corporate governance standards and practices following: professional accounting standards; organisational policies and procedures andstatutory and regulatory requirements.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- authority regulations and requirements;
- current financial legislative, statutory and regulatory requirements;
- current formats required for submission of statutory returns;
- ethical considerations relating to compliance and governance;
- key management processes that support corporate governance;
- forms and functions of employee records;
- key principles of internal control, valuation and common methods of depreciation, and;
- significance of performance indicators and key result areas to monitoring corporate governance activities.