Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- interpret and comply with corporate governance requirements, organisational policy, and financial delegations and accountabilities;
- review corporate governance requirements and implement effective operating procedures to ensure organisational compliance;
- use a range of methods, work practices and routines relevant to internal control procedures, and;
- monitor internal control operating procedures and applicable financial legislation.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- ethical and confidentiality considerations when managing and handling files and records;
- key features of financial legislation relating to financial transactions and reporting requirements;
- benefits and limitations of internal controls and potential consequences of poor internal controls for internal operations, and;
- key requirements of organisational policies and procedures.