Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- establish and maintain effective relationships with clients and colleagues;
- research and identify organisational policies and procedures relevant to own role;
- develop systems and guidelines for work procedures that comply with legislative requirements;
- analyse, evaluate and organise information required for own role;
- effectively plan work and contribute to team environment, taking into account constraints and available resources, and;
- identify and evaluate opportunities for own professional development.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- avenues for identifying other professionals in the accounting and bookkeeping industry;
- requirements of accounting and bookkeeping industry codes of practice;
- policies and procedures required for own role in the accounting and bookkeeping industry, and;
- statutory, legislative and regulatory requirements for documenting accounting procedures.