Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- identify whether a calculation or estimation is required to meet workplace requirements;
- carry out calculations involving basic addition, subtraction, division and multiplication to support work role (this may involve use of a calculator and conversion tables where required);
- use estimation techniques to check quantities, ratios, speed and other required data estimates;
- use estimation techniques to check calculated results and workplace data;
- record calculations and measurement information accurately according to enterprise procedures;
- use oral communication skills/language competence to fulfil the job role as specified by the organisation, including questioning, active listening, asking for clarification and seeking advice from supervisor, and;
- work cooperatively within a culturally diverse workforce.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- mathematical processes, including addition, subtraction, multiplication and division;
- application of calculation and estimation techniques to meet work requirements;
- units of measurement used in the workplace, including whole numbers, fractions and decimals (to one decimal point)(this may include use of conversion charts);
- representation of numerical information relevant to work requirements, such as charts, graphs and tables, and;
- recording requirements and responsibilities where relevant.