Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- discuss and confirm purpose, actions, roles, timelines and other requirements with relevant parties;
- complete editing of written material, in accordance with required conventions;
- complete proofreading tasks of written material;
- identify and comply with relevant legislative, copyright and intellectual property requirements;
- ensure materials meet all requirements and deliver within agreed timelines, and;
- follow relevant health and safety practices for work tasks.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- steps in the editing process;
- use of style guides in the editing process;
- key features of citation conventions typically used;
- standard conventions for text mark-up and proofreading correction in hardcopy and electronic works;
- relevant copyright and intellectual property requirements as they relate to writing and publishing works, and;
- basic operations of word-processing software used to produce, edit and track changes in written material.