Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- write media content that engages target user / audience and meets production deadlines;
- apply principles of writing and communication in developing content for a range of purposes, and;
- structure content and apply presentation techniques to enhance readability and navigation.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- outline a range of writing styles and their purpose;
- describe techniques for effective writing;
- describe how layout and presentation techniques may affect ways readers read and scan written content in various media;
- identify media laws and codes of practice relevant to copyright, defamation, privacy, court reporting and vilification;
- outline types of data that may provide information on users and audience, and;
- outline health and safety requirements as they relate to working for periods of time on screens and keyboards.