Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- analyse research briefs and agree on requirements with relevant personnel;
- gather valid and reliable information from a range of sources according to an agreed methodology;
- analyse and interpret research findings to develop appropriate conclusions and recommendations;
- present research findings to relevant personnel, in an appropriate format, by agreed deadlines;
- maintain a system to store, retrieve and maintain contacts and research information, and;
- discuss key issues and seek feedback from relevant personnel to improve quality of research.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- explain features of commonly used quantitative and qualitative research methodologies;
- explain how to evaluate validity and reliability of an information source;
- explain typical legal issues that can affect research activities including copyright, intellectual property and privacy legislation;
- identify reliable sources of advice on legal issues;
- explain requirements for gathering information with cultural sensitivities, and;
- identify work health and safety standards as they relate to working for periods of time on screens and keyboards.