Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each competency unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of project and work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- research the properties, capabilities and use of an extensive range of printmaking materials to inform own work practice;
- create a coherent body of printmaking work which demonstrates:
- new or refined ways of working with materials through a process of experimentation;
- technical proficiency in the use of selected materials and processes;
- integration of materials and processes into own style, and;
- use of safe and sustainable work practices.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- describe intellectual property considerations relevant to producing print works;
- identify useful information sources that support research in printmaking materials;
- describe the physical properties, characteristics, capabilities and storage requirements of a wide range of materials used in printmaking;
- describe how different materials and printmaking techniques combine to achieve different technical effects;
- explain ways to use, adapt, combine and challenge the capabilities of an extensive range of printmaking materials to develop an individual professional style;
- summarise supply sources for printmaking materials used in professional practice;
- explain the function of Safety Data Sheets, and;
- explain key safety and sustainability requirements for painting work.