Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each competency unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of project and work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- undertake research and collaborate with others to inform development of specialised make-up designs;
- develop and document specialised make-up designs and accompanying make-up plans that meet production and performer requirements, and budget constraints;
- apply and remove make-up using appropriate products and application techniques;
- maintain the appearance of performers' make-up during productions;
- complete work within production schedules;
- comply with health and hygiene requirements when providing make-up services, and;
- establish any specific make-up requirements from performers and clearly explain procedures for applying and removing specialised make-up.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- explain roles and responsibilities of personnel who need to be consulted in relation to designing specialised make-up;
- identify typical problems with designing and applying specialised make-up and briefly describe solutions;
- outline techniques for applying and removing specialised make-up;
- explain health, hygiene and safety requirements that relate to applying and removing make-up;
- describe effects of natural and artificial lighting on make-up and how make-up colours appear on the screen;
- outline how colour design principles are used in the context of designing specialised make-up, and;
- explain how the use of specialised make-up can enhance characterisation.