Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each competency unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of project and work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- prepare performers' wigs and hairpieces for styling in line with hairstyle design requirements;
- fit wigs and hairpieces on performers and trim them to achieve the desired appearance;
- maintain the condition of wigs and hairpieces;
- style and apply finishes to wigs and hairpieces to meet hair design requirements;
- create a documentary record of hair designs;
- complete work within production timelines;
- comply with health and hygiene requirements when providing hair services;
- work collaboratively with others in creating hair designs that meet production requirements, and;
- provide clear explanations to performers during wig and hairpiece fitting sessions.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- outline roles and responsibilities of personnel who need to be consulted in relation to designing and styling hair;
- identify typical problems of styling wigs and hairpieces and briefly describe solutions;
- describe health, hygiene and safety requirements for the provision of hairdressing services;
- describe the relationship between face type and elements and principles of hair design;
- outline characteristics of human and synthetic hair types used in wigs and hairpieces;
- describe tools and techniques for applying design finishes to wigs and hairpieces:
- explain the effects of lighting on hair colour and skin tone, and;
- outline maintenance and storage requirements for wigs and hairpieces.