Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- plan at least two music performance programs according to requirements or brief;
- present at least two music performance programs on the selected instrument or voice in area of specialisation;
- engage the audience with high level performance mastery of repertoire and well developed stagecraft skills;
- monitor and adjust own performance to achieve the required sound, and maintain performance flow and audience experience, and;
- evaluate own performance, incorporating feedback from others for future improvement.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- explain requirements for planning the program and preparing for the performance;
- explain technical and communication requirements for performing before an audience;
- describe challenges that arise in the context of presenting a music performance, and explain how they might be overcome, and;
- outline work, health and safety principles relevant to particular performance contexts.