Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- contribute, as a member of a backup group, to the selection of repertoire to suit particular performances, and;
- participate in rehearsals in collaboration with others.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- explain factors to consider when selecting repertoire;
- outline issues that may arise in the context of developing repertoire and rehearsing as part of a backup group, and;
- outline work health and safety principles as they apply to using musical instruments and performing in a range of environments.