Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- develop, maintain and apply current music knowledge to own learning and industry practice;
- differentiate music genres and styles;
- discuss music performances with others using appropriate terminology, and;
- listen and evaluate the music of a range of artists.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- explain the features of styles and genres, and their conventions;
- explain how elements of musical organisation and technology are used in identified genres and styles;
- describe the key qualities and features of the work of selected artists, and;
- outline critical listening techniques.