Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- research an extensive range of drawing techniques to inform own work practice;
- refine drawing technique through a process of thorough experimentation and practice to create a coherent body of drawing work which:
- shows a command of chosen techniques;
- demonstrates the development of an individual style, and;
- supports own ideas for work.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- describe copyright, trademarks, design licences and permissions relevant to producing drawing works;
- identify an extensive range of information sources that support research in drawing practice;
- summarise, for historical and contemporary drawing, the main cultural, sociological, philosophical, aesthetic, political and commercial influences;
- explain, for own work practice and that of other artists, the relationship between drawing technique and particular effects and design ideas;
- explain, for an extensive range of drawing techniques, how they work to achieve effects and their limitations and constraints in achieving effects;
- describe a range of creative thinking techniques and how they can be used to encourage new ideas;
- describe, for the elements and principles of design, the detailed characteristics, complex interrelationships, use in drawings and how they may be challenged;
- discuss formal and informal professional development opportunities for professional arts practitioners working with drawing, and;
- explain key safety requirements for drawing work.