Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- use a process of thorough research and experimentation to confirm ideas for own work;
- identify and acquire resources required to complete chosen work;
- adapt and use a range of drawing techniques to create a single major work or multiple drawings that:
- shows technical proficiency in chosen techniques;
- reflects understanding of elements and principles of design;
- demonstrates innovation and the emergence of an individual style, and;
- review and document the research and development process.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- describe intellectual property requirements relevant to producing drawing works.
- summarise methods used to research creative and technical approaches to drawing;
- explain how the works of other practitioners may be used to inform individual practice;
- describe the role of experimentation in developing and refining ideas for drawings and how it relates to the development of an individual style;
- explain ways to adapt, extend and combine the capabilities of a wide range of drawing techniques;
- describe, for the elements and principles of design, the detailed characteristics, key interrelationships, use in drawings and how they may be challenged;
- summarise, for a wide range of tools and equipment used to produce drawings, key physical features, uses and maintenance requirements;
- list and describe the physical properties and capabilities of a wide range of materials used to produce drawing works;
- list suppliers of resources for professional drawing practice with particular emphasis on raw, part-processed and processed drawing materials, and;
- describe practices and procedures for working safely and sustainably with materials, tools and equipment for producing drawing work.