Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- source information and seek assistance to organise copyright permission and clearance for creative works;
- apply copyright notices on creative works in accordance with legal obligations and workplace policies and procedures;
- communicate with copyright collecting societies;
- recognise infringements of copyright, and;
- document and store copyright clearances claims and notices in accordance with legal obligations and workplace policies and procedures.
Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- key concepts of exclusive rights, fair use, moral rights and performer s rights;
- procedures to determine copyright ownership;
- sources of copyright information;
- digital content copyright and common sources of infringement;
- Australian organisations responsible for holding copyright collections and their roles and responsibilities, and;
- key features of laws and regulations that govern copyright in Australia.