Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- source information and seek assistance to organise copyright permission and clearance for creative works;
- correctly apply copyright notices on creative works;
- recognise infringements of copyright, and;
- correctly document and store copyright clearances claims and notices.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- explain the concepts of exclusive rights, fair use, moral rights and performer's rights;
- describe procedures to determine copyright ownership;
- identify the range of sources of copyright information;
- identify Australian organisations responsible for holding copyright collections, and;
- identify laws and regulations that govern copyright in Australia.