Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- create screen titles that: meet the brief requirements; integrate production items correctly; achieve required visual impact; meet production deadlines;
- work collaboratively with others in the production team to generate a range of creative ideas;
- save and store titles and other graphic images according to enterprise procedures, and;
- review the design process for improvement.
Note: If a specific volume or frequency is not stated, then evidence must be provided at least once.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- outline typical challenges of creating titles for screen productions and how to handle these;
- explain how principles of typography and motion techniques are applied to title design;
- identify copyright requirements for importing items into screen titles, and;
- identify relevant work health and safety standards which relate to working with screens and keyboards.