Assessment tasks will be designed to reinforce and extend knowledge and skill competence within set and controlled parameters in accordance with each unit's learning outcomes and performance criteria requirements, including the setting of work based practical application tasks designed to provide evidence of competence outcomes, within periodic and scheduled timelines.
Students will be expected to demonstrate the following required skills:
- communicating effectively with supervisors;
- understanding workplace safety procedures;
- applying basic safety principles in the workplace, and;
- assessing and controlling workplace risks.Students will also be expected to demonstrate the following knowledge:
- cleaning workplace safety policies and procedures, WHS standards, supervisory instructions relating to safety measures and PPE;
- workplace requirements for undertaking all aspects of workplace safety arrangements tasks;
- workplace procedures, and;
- communicating and clarifying work requirements with supervisor, team members or client.